As the Accounting Specialist, Susan Little maintains the accounts receivables and accounts payables for the company. In addition, Susan works closely with the President, CFO, and VP of Operations to maintain the company’s financial records and maximize the cash flow of the company. Susan is a former engineer and quality control manager with a bachelor’s degree in engineering and a master’s degree in business administration. She has an eye for process efficiency and effectiveness. As a result of Susan’s love for continuous process improvement, problem-solving, and numbers led her to this key financial role within the company. Furthermore, Susan is ever-focused on ensuring that the company maintains a healthy financial position to achieve Safe’N’Clear’s business goals and objectives to “change the face of healthcare.”
Susan’s key responsibilities at Safe’N’Clear include the following:
- Verify, record, and process accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions.
- Process incoming payments by check, credit card, and EFT.
- Process and audit outgoing payments by check, credit card, and EFT.
- Generate and manage invoices via the company’s internal accounting system as well as various customer invoicing and payment portals.
- Establish internal accounting procedures with built-in checks to ensure compliance.
- Maintain accurate records, including ledgers, journals, receipts, and invoices.
- Maintain and reconcile bank and category accounts on daily, weekly, monthly, and annual bases.
- Establish and maintain customer accounts payables and vendor accounts receivables relationships to assure seamless financial processing.
- Provide support to Customer Service for corporate purchase order account credit applications, account arrears, invoice payments, and other financial customer issues.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for leadership team, budgeting purposes, and shareholder and board of director meetings.
- Generate and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for various internal personnel, including Sales and Marketing teams.
- Preserve company records organization including all company files, contracts, customer accounts, financial documentation, and manufacturing and shipping information.